Derivative Citizenship

Representation Obtaining Initial United States Passport with the State Department or Certificate of Citizenship with USCIS

If one, or both of your parents are United States Citizens, and in some cases even if your grandparents are or were United States Citizens, you may have become a citizen automatically depending on other circumstances. Our office can help you determine whether you derived or acquired citizenship through a parent or grandparents. If you became a United States Citizen automatically, you will likely want to get documentation. You can either petition to the United States Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) for a certificate of citizenship, or you can request a passport from the U.S. Department of State.

Personalized, client-centered lawyering makes all the difference. We are on your side and by your side at every step. Our first goal is getting to know you and your unique circumstances so we can help determine the best immigration options for you. We take pride in understanding and staying up-to-date with the complex and ever-changing immigration laws so that we can be there to guide you every step of the way. We look forward to hearing from you!