Fiancé Visas

If you are a United States citizen, you may sponsor your fiancé or fiancée to enter the United States on a K-1 fiancé visa. You must submit proof you have met your fiancé in person within the last two years, though there are limited exceptions to this requirement. Once your fiancé enters the United States, you are required to get married within 90 days. After the marriage takes place, the couple must file papers inside the United States so that the fiancé can become a Lawful Permanent Resident, or “Green Card” holder.


The process to obtain a fiancé visa is a step-by-step process that can be subject to delays at each of the various stages if not filed properly. Our office can help you decide whether the fiancé visa is the right path for you and your loved one in the first place, and if so, manage the process for you each step of the way to avoid unnecessary delay or denial of your application.

Personalized, client-centered lawyering makes all the difference. We are on your side and by your side at every step. Our first goal is getting to know you and your unique circumstances so we can help determine the best immigration options for you. We take pride in understanding and staying up-to-date with the complex and ever-changing immigration laws so that we can be there to guide you every step of the way. We look forward to hearing from you!